Interim Stock Accountant
To support the Financial Controller to run the Year End Stock Count, assisting in the co-ordination of count teams during stock counts. Responsible for ensuring an accurate count is carried out with prompt variance investigation and reporting, and ultimately producing an accurate and prompt valuation of the count. All counts, analysis and valuations are carried out using Excel. A complete stock valuation and results analysis must be delivered at the latest by Wednesday 12th June.
Essential Job Functions
* Organise Pre-count teams and oversee & audit these counts
* Supporting count teams and auditors on the day
* Checking stock variances during and after the count * Create a Post count summary of all outstanding variances and investigate promptly
* Following up unidentified items and parts to be scrapped
* Creating the summary valuation of inventory and analysing variances to Sage and Javelin balances
Requirements - Knowledge/Skill
* Knowledge of stock management and valuation techniques and relevant accounting standards (Essential)
* Previous use of ERP systems (Essential)
* Experience of Javelin and Crystal Report (Desirable)
* Strong Excel Skills - The count and valuation is purely Excel Based (Essential) Requirements - Experience
* Strong, recent experience of Inventory Management and running Stock Counts
* Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
* ACCA, CIMA or equivalent experience Other Skills/Abilities
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong time management skills
* Ability to work with and support non finance staff and question and appropriately assumptions
Key Performance Indicators
Meeting strict deadlines for count completion, completion of variance analysis and subsequent valuation and analysis.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.