Senior Depositary Accountant
The purpose of this position is to support the delivery of depositary services to a varied portfolio of clients, under the direction of a Depositary Manager.
An award-winning fund and corporate services to the alternative assets industry from key onshore and offshore jurisdictions in Guernsey, Jersey, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Apply a detailed understanding of our clients' funds to their activity and making qualitative assessments that they are being run in accordance with their stated remit and applicable legislation
- Support the review and gathering of sufficient, appropriate information from our clients that supports fund investment activity
- Support the completion of some of the more complex cash monitoring activity we are obliged to deliver across a portfolio of depositary clients
- Work with the Depositary Manager and a small team of accountants to ensure that high levels of client service are maintained, while our information-gathering remains efficient and effective
- Maintain and develop effective relationships with our clients and other internal teams
- Supervise and assist in the training, development and performance management of more junior staff
- Develop a strong understanding of the legislation that underpins depositary services, to act as a higher authority on the effective and efficient delivery of the role to our clients
- Support the manager in the preparation of periodic reporting of our activity to clients and other internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate will ideally have:
- 3-5 years' fund accountancy or audit experience, supported by a relevant professional qualification (ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Experience of working with a portfolio of clients or a significant part of a major client relationship is essential
- Experience of working effectively in a small team with both more senior and more junior staff is essential
- Experience of day to day supervision of at least one employee, coupled with a desire to develop responsibilities in more formal people management
- A willingness to read and interpret domestic and EU regulations and legislation and other legal documentation is essential
- An eye for detail and good degree of initiative with an ability to provide commercial, risk sensitive solutions for the delivery of depositary services
- Sound technical knowledge
- Computer literacy, word processing and spread sheet skills are essential
Working with one of the fastest growing fund and corporate services companies, employees can expect competitive packages based on their own and the Group's ongoing performance. From health care to discretionary bonus, there is a wealth of benefits tailored to each location that make up a total reward package.