Finance Analyst - Projects
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for the right individual to join the Corporate Shared Services Team as a Finance Analyst.
Reporting to the Global Process Lead RTR, this is a unique opportunity to deliver significant value by supporting the design, implementation, and maintenance of the standardized global RTR processes and transformation initiatives.
This newly created, exciting, varied role will be based in Hook and will enable you to showcase your natural skills to drive and deliver automation, continuous improvement within R2R (end to end) on a global level across an SSC and Centre of Excellence.
As the R2R team partners with Accenture as an outsourced service provider for most general accounting activities, many aspects of the role require interaction with and review and management of work performed offshore by Accenture.
Working closely with the Global Process Lead you will play a key role in transforming finance across the business.
- Involved in managing business process transformations and support the delivery of key record to report programs (ongoing and future projects).
- Provide the appropriate management information
- Monitor and report on progress in the implementation of efficiencies identified
- Manage the production of reporting packs
- Own and locally manage R2R metrics & KPIs to help enable effective decision making
- Initiate, prioritize and lead initiatives which: bring efficiencies, reduce duplication, define and roll out best practices, promote automation allowing more time for value-added activities
- Embed a continuous improvement culture within Shared Services regarding the R2R process.
- Document and own all process documentation (including training materials) relating to the global process
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Proficiency in English language, verbal and written
- Strong Excel Skills
- Excellent Communication skills with the ability to adapt style to audience
- Demonstrated an ability to work across functions and geographic boundaries
- Experience of working in a Shared Services environment is desirable.
- Experience in identifying and implementing significant process improvements;
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and build strong business relationships
- SAP ECC & BW experience desirable
- Challenge the status quo, identify new opportunities and delivers innovative solutions
- Work well as part of a team and also has the ability to work as an individual on nominated projects
- Be open-minded and adaptable to changing business needs and requests
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Degree or equivalent
- Qualified or near to qualifying Accountant (CIMA)