An excellent opportunity has arisen to join an expanding FMCG business as a Financial Accountant in Uxbridge with responsibility for adherence to global Accounting & Control best practice and policies, statutory accounting and systems and process optimisation. There will be a strong emphasis on multi-site working to maximize shared service centre opportunities and an expectation to thrive in a genuinely dynamic environment.
My client is a global FMCG brand listed on the New York Stock Exchange. They are a massive player in the food & beverage market. You will immediately know most of the brands in their portfolio. This is a Financial Accountant position.
- Responsible for input to the period end close including thorough review of the Balance Sheet taking corrective action as required.
- Complete Balance Sheet and Working Capital analysis for the cluster drawing clear insights and identifying any actions.
- Review and approve Balance Sheet reconciliations in Blackline system.
- Complete consolidation reporting for entities in the system.
- Lead the business in preparing for an internal audit
- Lead the statutory accounts process for legal entities across UK and Ireland, being the main point of contact with external auditors (big 4)
- Partner in the completion of the annual group audit liaising with external partners as required.
- Own the Admin expense budget for the UK&I business, including tracking, analysis and forecasting.
- Partner with and provide support to outsourced shared services and global teams.
- Compliance with internal accounting policies, development of local policies as required
- SAP testing lead for the Accounting function
- Support in the delivery of ad-hoc projects, process improvements and best practice sharing as required.
- Nearly/recently qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Familiarity with local and US GAAP
- Statutory Account completion
- Audit experience is desirable
- Strong Excel skills
- SAP (or similar ERP system) experience is desirable
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment
- Enthusiastic team player who will collaborate effectively with Finance team and 3rd party partners
- Clear and concise communicator, both in writing and verbally
- Eagerness to learn and progress
I have a competitive salary on offer. Although a financial accountant role, the business promotes a culture of developing internally and moving roles within the business. There are huge opportunities to move in to a variety of commercial roles after 18 months or so.