Financial Controller/Head of Finance
Our client is an established progressive SME in the leisure sector in London.
Reporting to the Management Team, you will be the lead member of the finance team supporting
change and continual improvement within the department. As Financial Controller, you will take
responsibility for all aspects of Finance in the business, the lead role in working with external
stakeholders, suppliers, banks and auditors. Your main responsibility will be to manage and be
responsible for the day to day accounting function of the events and operational department, including
IT systems. The business has ambitious growth plans over the next 12-24 months and so this is an
exciting time to join the business. With this growth comes the opportunity for the successful candidate to step up to the role of Head of Finance.
- Timely and effective delivery of all core financial processes; including supplier invoices, invoicing,
credit control, expenses, credit cards, daily bank
- Prepare and manage weekly debtor reports
- Prepare and submit payments
- Prepare weekly performance results and cash flow reports with variance commentary
- Prepare monthly management accounts, forecasts and MI across the business
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures in all areas covered by role
- Ensure transparent, standardised and complete record keeping
- Submit starter and leaver requests and other communication to IT support provider
- Review and improve processes for efficiency and greater control
- Create a best practice and culture that promotes accountability
- Manage working capital, VAT, payroll and compliance across the business
- Be a figurehead at head office assisting the head office link with sales, operations and venues
- You already have solid experience as Finance Manager/FC in a similar fast paced environment & be keen
to step up to become more analytical, accountable and driving force for any changes that needs to
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified, or qualified by experience, with a proven track record in a commercial
- Experience of working a SME environment - £5m turnover +
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us within 10 days, your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, please do continue to apply for jobs advertised by Walker Dendle.
Walker Dendle Limited acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Walker Dendle is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the terms available on our website.