Part-Time Finance Assistant
Page Personnel Finance are recruiting for a Part-Time Finance Assistant - 4 days per week to join our client, a leading software company located in West London, a short walk from Paddington.
Our client is a leading software company located in West London, a short walk from Paddington. Due to growth across the accountancy team, an opportunity has arisen for a Part-Time Finance Assistant - 4 days per week to join.
Located in London's West End, our client is looking for a Part-Time Finance Assistant - 4 days per week with the following responsibilities:
* Maintaining purchase and sales ledgers
* Processing invoices and expenses accurately and in a timely manner
* Ensuring all expenses are within Company policy
* Supplier management - reconcile statements, manage records, resolve discrepancies etc.
* Credit control and clients set up and management
* Preparing and posting of salary journals
* Postings of bank transactions onto Sage and reconciling all bank accounts
* Work with the Finance Manager to timely completion of month-end accounts, including pre-payments, journals & accruals.
* Assist the Finance Manager in reconciling balance sheet items for three legal entities
* Maintaining fixed asset register
* Filing of invoices and other relevant documents
* Preparing and submitting VAT returns
* Maintaining the Purchase Order system and liaising with managers on PO approvals
* Providing financial analysis to the Finance Manager for Management Accounts
* Assisting in annual audit preparation and review
* Ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate:
* AAT Qualified, QBE or Part-Qualified Chartered Accountant
* Experience in using Sage 200
* Good knowledge in accounting (debits & credits, prepayments, accruals, etc)
* Good Excel skills (e.g. V-look ups and Pivot Tables)
* Able to learn quickly
* Excellent attention to detail
* Able to prioritise and maintain accuracy when processing transactions
* Have a proven track record in processing financial data
* Able to work independently
* Have the ability to work in a busy environment under pressure and meet deadlines
Salary of £26,000-£30,000 (pro-rata)