Purchase Ledger Assistant
Page Personnel Finance are recruiting for a Purchase Ledger Assistant for our client, a leading Retail/FMCG company located in London's West End, very close to Soho.
Our client is a leading international Retail/FMCG company who are located in London's West End, very close to Soho. Due to growth in their accountancy team, they are looking for a Purchase Ledger Assistant to join.
Located in London's West End, our client is looking for a Purchase Ledger Assistant with responsibility for the following duties:
* Ensures all expenses invoices received are checked and processed.
* Registers, codes and posts invoices. Where there is a query, is proactively contacting the supplier and liaises with the buyer to resolve it.
* First point of contact for suppliers, maintains the accounts payable inbox.
* Obtains managers authorisation for relevant invoices.
* Responsible for Weekly BACs and CHAPS payment run.
* Supports the Stock purchase ledger team to follow up and resolve queries.
* Maintains petty cash account, codes expenses and prepares monthly reconciliation.
* Responsible for company credit card reconciliation, card holders limit change requests and monthly journals.
* Prepares and posts monthly accruals journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
* Maintains supplier accounts and supplier reconciliations.
* Prepares monthly analysis of travel expenses and corporate social responsibility summary.
* Maintains weekly invoice and expense filing.
* Prepare audit sample requests.
* Purchase Ledger experience is preferred.
* Highly organized, accurate with exceptional attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Ability to be privy to highly confidential information and ensure it remains so.
* Excellent Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
* Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
* Proactive and able to use initiative.
* High standard of integrity and discretion.
* Previous Retail/FMCG experience preferred.
* Preferably studying towards accountancy qualification.
* Ability to work in a very fast paced environment.
Salary of £20,000-£23,000
Competitive benefits package