Our well established client is looking for two Senior Legal Cashiers to join the organisation.
Our client is a well established law firm, who are growing YoY, and looking to add an ambitious Senior Legal Cashier
- To ensure all financial transactions are correctly posted in accordance with the SRA Accounts Rules and the FCA rules for authorised professional firms.
- To assist in ensuring all regulatory and compliance requirements are met and any breaches reported to the Finance Director/COFA on a timely basis.
- To perform an overdrawn client check and a matters/nominal data integrity checks on a daily basis.
- To perform an office credit balance check and data integrity checks in respect of unbilled disbursements and unpaid bills on a daily basis.
- To reconcile liabilities to clients as shown by the ledger accounts to balances held in client account(s) on a daily basis.
- To prepare the client bank reconciliation(s) on a daily basis, including reviewing for unusual transactions and out of date cheques and dealing with the same as required.
- To prepare and execute CHAPS payments (telegraphic transfers), foreign payments and BACS payments with associated authentication procedures and in accordance with the firm's procedures.
- To ensure all incoming funds are properly identified and allocated to client ledgers, including a reconciliation of Streamline receipts.
- To provide cover for client cheques, ensuring that requests for funds are appropriately authorised.
- To monitor and action transfers between client and office account, including the preparation of a weekly potential transfer report to ensure compliance with rule 17: receipt and transfer of costs.
- To calculate interest payable on client money balances in accordance with the firm's interest policy.
- To archive client ledgers on the system in accordance with fee earner instructions, ensuring either that all balances are clear or that partner approval has been obtained for write offs (if required).
- To review and investigate static balances on a monthly basis, dealing with any residual client balances under rule 20.2 as appropriate.
- To deal with day to day queries raised by clients and fee earners and communicate information and reports as required for their resolution.
- To carry out daily transaction processing and support other team members as necessary to ensure there are no back logs and processing is reliable and complete.
- To promptly file all transaction paperwork associated with the Legal Cashiers position.
- To liaise with the firm's auditors and bankers as required
- To carry out other tasks as and when required by the LLP and the Finance Director.
- Significant experience of working in the accounts department of a law firm
- Thorough working knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and double-entry bookkeeping
- Experience of using legal accounting software, bank electronic payment software and BACS payment software
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to prioritise work and cope well in periods of high volume
- Confident, articulate and adept at obtaining information on own initiative in order to progress processing, meet targets and ensure compliance with the firm's procedures and the SRA Accounts Rules
- IT literate, with good Excel and Word skills
Competitive salary + additional benefits