Finance - Managing Director
Finance Managing Director - Sheffield - 12 MONTH FTC £80,000 - £100,000 + BONUS
Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are recruiting on an exclusive basis for a high-calibre Managing Director for Finance for a large and prestigious organisation based in Sheffield. This organisation is an industry leading business with a rich and established history across multiple UK sites.
Your new role
Lead the Finance function across multiple sites. Responsible for planning, budgeting, business performance monitoring, management information, financial accounting & reporting, all finance related change. Leading, motivating and developing the Finance team. Further including;
- Ensure the company complies with all financial, legal and regulatory requirements of all relevant statutory bodies, including production of listed company style annual reports
- Report financial status by developing forecasts, reporting results, analysing variances and developing improvements
- Manage audit and tax matters including all board audit committees
- Manage capital requests and budgeting processes
- Manage financial projections and business plans
- Manage all change requirements across the Finance function
- Ensure the company's financial systems and processes are robust, compliant and support both current and future requirements
- Establish functional objectives in line with organisational objectives
- On-going development and monitoring of control systems to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results
- Implement operational best practices
- Develop finance organisational strategies by contributing financial accounting information, analysis and recommendations
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the SMT
- Develop and lead the Finance team
- Manage and motivate the team through difficult periods including month end, year-end and annual budgeting and business planning.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this varied and multi-faceted role you should have significant experience leading a finance function in a major company or division of a large corporation coupled with experience of partnering with an executive team and working with Audit Committees. Ideally you will have worked in previous/current role including Process improvement, finance systems and delivering change.
Financial Services experience is advantageous and experience of dealing with multiple types of complex transactions and financial instruments including debt, equity and financial derivatives.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an excellent salary of up to £100,000, including a Bonus as well as market leading holiday allowance coupled with other benefits of the role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career