Stock Control Manager
Market leading manufacturing group are looking to implement a new Stock control /inventory system and to prepare for this and also the financial year end stock take (end June) they require an experienced Stock Control Manager on a 3 month fixed term contract to assist in the preparation of the engineering stores and data in the system. Prospects for this position to become a permanent role for the candidate are possible after a successful year-end audited stock count. Currently using a bespoke system, ElecDB, they will be implementing Business One from SAP later this year (after the financial year end). The stock consists of mechanical and electrical parts used in the assembly of high tech machinery , and associated engineering spares. There is an existing bin location system that is mid-way through being re-organised but the current incumbent person had to leave at short notice. There is therefore the immediate need to continue with this process as they approach the financial year end.The stock of components has a value of c£1m spread across c4,000 individual line items.
The candidate will be required to:
- Work with the existing system and get the stock records cleansed prior to a migration to a new system;
- Before moving to a new system, the year end full stock count will be undertaken at the end of June and the existing system data needs cleaning up prior to this count which will be attended by a new firm of external auditors.
- The goal is to have each stock item in a single known location and all spurious locations and obsolete items to be cleansed from the database prior to the year end count.
- The individual will need to be very organised with attention to detail.
- The person will need to systematically work from both the system data and from the actual physical stocks.
- Do a visual inspection of storage areas regularly, cycle counts, make changes when necessary
- Take responsibility for Year-End Stock control (instructions, working with staff, count sheets and cut-off)
- Check units of measure used in system the valuation are correct (single Vs bags of 100 items etc).
- Slow moving stock reporting - to work with CFO to work out net realisable value provision
- Ensure every stock item has supplier lead-time
- Review reorder levels and minimum/maximum reorder quantities
- Establish a consistent and efficient organisation system
It is essential that interested candidates have an excellent understanding of stock systems and at least 2 years hands on Stock control experience gained in a high volume environment involving a large number of product lines and can commit to this 3 month project