Senior Financial and Management Accountant
Do you have accounting experience within Government?
Are you looking for a role that you can make your own within a dynamic environment?
If so, this exciting opportunity as our Senior Financial and Management Accountant is for you, and we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with the Financial Controller(FC) and the Management Accountant(MA), you’ll ensure the delivery of accurate and timely management and financial information to various stakeholders. This will include financial governance, global month end reporting, DfT reporting, statutory reporting, working capital, fixed assets management, and provide reconciliations for balance sheet control accounts.
As a key member of our team, you will have exposure to interesting accounting issues where you can provide and apply your knowledge in an inclusive environment, and a role that you can develop so that we keep up with the times.
Within your role you will:
• Support the Financial Controller with the preparation of quarterly consolidated accounts and annual statutory reporting;
• Preparation and analysis of month end accounts;
• Assist with provision of information for interim and year-end audit;
• Ensure all balance sheet control accounts are reconciled;
• Enable revaluation computations by asset item;
• Liaise with credit control manager to audit bad debt provisions and recovery;
• Support FC/MA with set up of the currency databases and operation of the process and controls for financial results for overseas operations.
If you would like to read more about the role, please refer to the attached role profile document.
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Being part of our brilliant Civil Service means you will have access to a wide range of fantastic benefits. We offer generous annual leave, attractive pension options, flexible working, inclusive working environments and much more to support a healthy work/life balance.
You will have Public Sector FReM accounting knowledge with experience of multi-currency, multi database, global multi-location entities. You’ll have experience with time recording, work-in-progress and billing systems with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
You’ll have strong communication skills with the ability to tailor your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences. You will have an analytical mind with a flair for problem solving and an attention to detail. You are someone who looks to hit the ground running and make a real impact within VCA, building strong and effective relationships with our colleagues and stakeholders.