Our client is looking for a Management Accountant to join a fast growing organisation based in Chichester.
Our client is a large, well known reputable business known throughout Sussex as one of the best employers around.
- To work with the Financial Reporting Manager to establish/ maintain fit for purpose management accounts with insightful monthly commentary
- Support the Financial Reporting Manager on all audits (including but not limited to, internal, 3rd party or year-end), creating the year end Group Statutory packs with supporting evidence for balances as required as well as assist with audit requests by providing evidence for audit samples, walk through and explanations for postings and processes
- To work with the Finance Assistants to ensure all accruals, prepayments and ad hoc journals are processed with a high level of accuracy and understanding
- Maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring that all aged items are managed and cleared in a timely manner, working with other parts of the business as necessary
- Maintain a monthly balance sheet reconciliation schedule for each entity detailing the balances with supporting evidence, to be reviewed at quarterly BSR meetings (Balance Sheet Review)
- Take ownership for the inter-company position, ensuring this is reconciled monthly to agree with the other group entities.
- Studying towards an Accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, AAT or Equivalent)
- Good knowledge of SAP accounting system preferable
- High personal levels of motivation and delivery orientated focus.
- A proactive, forward looking and challenging mindset.
- Detail focused with strong organisation and planning skills
- Ability to interact with and develop working relationships internally and externally in order to achieve best outcomes for the business and customer.
- Knowledge and experience of best practice within industry to consistently improve delivery within department
Up to £35,000 + fantastic benefits