Transaction Finance and Systems Manager
Transactional Finance Manager with strong systems experience required for a leading institute in Milton Keynes
This role represents a great opportunity to join an internationally recognised institution following recent internal changes and restructuring of it's financial operations. The main purpose of the post is to provide financial and system controls to support key payment methods to the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and lead the transactional finance ensuring daily, weekly & monthly deadlines are achieved.
- Oversee the ongoing operation and maintenance of the finance systems. Scheduling interfaces with other
- systems, time tabling period ends, controlling security to systems and providing training for users.
- Ongoing testing of upgrades and new developments including writing Statement of Requirements for new developments.
- Ensure current day to day processes and reconciliations are fully controlled .
- Provide lead input into the development of new processes and controls.
- Provide Finance expertise on new projects, modelling impact on bottom line and cash flow.
- Advice and guidance on reconciliations for:
- Provide analysis on fee data and reconciliations
- Support with year-end processes including; Final reconciliations, Movement of over payments from debtors to creditors, Calculation and provision for bad debts, analysis of movements from previous year end
- Complete monthly financial statements and extended trail balance.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully qualified accountant, ACCA, CGMA, ACA or CIPFA and experienced in managing and leading staff , Immediate/recent transactional accounting experience. Experience of testing accounting systems including writing test scripts and expected results and to include experience of large scale data migration,budget management. Analysis of complex data from a variety of sources within very tight deadlines. Highly systems literate and familiarity with a major accounting package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.