Treasury Funding Accountant
Michael Page Treasury are recruiting a Treasury Funding Accountant to join a independent charity in Swindon. This position will be within their Treasury and Investments team.
This position focuses on driving improvement of Cash Management processes and other investments areas such as Cash Flow forecasting, Capital Management, and Banking and Pension Accounting.
A Natioanl Independent charity based in Swindon!
The key responsibilities of the Treasury Funding Accountant will include:
- Perform treasury accounting (valuations, hedge accounting, accruals etc)
- Prepare and monitor treasury related budgets
- Reviewing Commercial proposition and liaising with senior management
- Cash flow forecasting and working capital management
- Assist the consolidated cash flow model and related activities by preparing a reconciliation of actual to forecast cash movement each month.
- You will provide cover for the Treasury and Investment Accountant in the day to day Cash and Banking Administration and Investments/Pensions Accounting.
- Ensure system maintenance on all treasury related systems (TMS, dealing platforms and payment systems)
- Build strong and effective relationships with the front and back office teams as well as wider finance functions
- Ensure opportunities to streamline and improve processes/controls are identified and pursued
- Assisting on ad-hoc projects/tasks
To be considered for the Treasury Funding Accountant position you should have:
- Strong intellect with a drive to learn and is either part qualified or a qualified accountant in ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge in Commercial Accounting and the ability to critically appraise business cases.
- Investment appraisal and discounted Cash Flow modelling knowledge
- Cash Management and Forecasting experience essential
- Previous experience of Data Analysis in a large complex organisation
- High level of systems capability: Agresso is used but necessary to know beforehand
- Dynamic, proactive and with an ability to deliver confidently and quickly
- Highly commercial: ability to critically appraise potentially significant business cases making them as good as they can be.
- A self-starter with drive and ability to operate effectively as a team
- Robust, hand-on-approach coupled with a cultural sensitivity
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make pragmatic decisions to ensure deadlines are met.
- Highly numerate and analytic, with strong personal standards and attention to detail to ensure accuracy in all aspects of output.
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
A competitive package for the successfull candidate is on offer.