This role is responsible for providing day to day support and supervision of the 5/6 supervisors, combined with managing a small portfolio of client payrolls. You will provide a first-class payroll service by undertaking management duties and responsibilities within the National Payroll Team.
The client is an international top 10 global audit, accounting, tax and consulting group with a presence in over 50 countries with a employee headcount of over 10,000 people. They have a strong presence in their field and renowned for their success across many years so they're looking for someone that had a big firm background and strong skill-set to uplift the team.
The key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the Supervisors/Team and ensure all payroll deadlines and project work are met
- Be aware and monitor the supervisor's workloads and ensure they are aware of their team's workloads
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience of PAYRITE payroll software setup and processing
- To run a small portfolio of Client payrolls, including project managing new client set-ups
- Attend staff and client meetings to deal with service issues and provide solutions to appease situations and clients
- To chair weekly meetings with Supervisors and team raising any points for discussion/action
- Monitor staff utilisation, recoveries and workload capacity
- Monthly Fee reviews for the team and assist with management of fee income and budgets
- Carry out staff reviews and ensure team aspirations are recognised by way of the competency framework (staff skills assessment);To keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance, and ensure changes are introduced to Team and client payrolls
- To identify areas where improvements can be made and put forward suitable recommendations towards changing the payroll procedures and the team's operation
- Assist in proposal preparation and some marketing activities
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and key external client account contacts at all level
- To work with other departments and understand the services that are being provided to clients (and not just payroll)
- To support the Payroll Director in developing the National Business, working with other National Payroll teams as appropriate
ProfileThe successful candidate will have:
On offer to the candidate is:
- A salary up to £55/60k D.O.E.
- Fully sponsorship for the CIPP Foundation Degree in Payroll Management should you wish to pursue this