This role is designed to assist the Finance Manager in carrying out day-to-day Finance functions. With a particular focus on transactional processing, for example external expenses, staff expenses, supplier invoices and monthly reconciliations. Purchase ledger invoices
- Processing and payment of all purchase invoices and preparing uploads of relevant documentation into the financial system.
- Reconciling supplier statements and liaising with suppliers to eliminate queries relating to their account.
- Ensuring accuracy of all accounts, and updating/deleting where appropriate with approval from the Head of Finance/Finance Manager.
- Ensuring the correct VAT recovery rates are used on purchase invoices and that the chart of accounts used correctly reflects the expense codes used by the budget-holders.
- Responsible for regular postings from the Barclays Bank online system the financial system through either manual or journal CV upload.
- Assisting the Head of Finance/Finance Manager with monthly bank reconciliations of group bank accounts.
- Ensuring all postings are carried out in a timely and accurate manner.
Credit card statements and petty cash
- Proofing and circulating monthly statements to all credit card holders.
- Checking credit card returns for coding, authorisation and reconciling against receipts.
- Reconciling petty cash expenditure at month-end and updating the financial systems.
- Ensuring the float is topped up when necessary.
- Processing and payment of all expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaising with staff members or external stakeholders to inform them expected reimbursement dates and/or sending email confirmation from the financial system.
Month End Processes
- Assisting Head of Finance/Finance Manager with month end processes
- Undertaking regular Balance Sheet reconciliation.