Project Finance Manager
- To be the Finance representative on the Business Transformation Team
- To be the lead Finance point of contact for the acquired business units. The company has an aggressive acquisition strategy which means multiple acquisitions will join the business throughout the year. You will work on the financial integration process for these businesses.
- Ad-hoc head office Project Finance
Our client are a leading Private Equity backed business. They have c1000 employees and are growing quickly through acquisition and expanding in to new areas.
Our client are looking to strengthen the group finance team as part of the investment for the next period of growth. The initial, newly created, role is centred on supporting acquired businesses in their management reporting/business analysis and alignment with processes and controls. In addition, this role will be significantly involved in the business wide transformation and change agenda including the improvement of group-wide systems and processes and a range of discrete accounting projects.
The key aims of the role are as follows:
- Align monthly management reporting from business acquisitions and enable critical insight for the local management team
- Deliver process and system improvements at remote business sites focusing on improving the quality and timeliness of the MI used locally and at a group level
- Develop and establish an appropriate KPI financial and operational scorecard at remote sites
- To recommend and develop process improvements to enhance financial operations and systems, with emphasis on migrating from legacy systems/manual processes and contributing to the development of an improved finance function across the Group
- Manage and deliver ad hoc finance projects to a high level
- Professional accounting qualification and related professional experience
- Strong academic background
- Proven experience gained from within fast paced environments
- Adaptable and determined
- High level of computer literacy - (Excel, Sage, IFS, MS query and Qlikview are desirable)
- Constant curiosity and always looking for ways we can deliver process improvement and positive change.
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable dealing with different audiences from Financial versus non-Financial, to Investors/C suite versus Accounts Assistants
- The ability to step back and see the bigger picture
- Rigorous, methodical and well organised with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver to deadline.
- Strong intellect, business, commercial and financial acumen - supported by a pragmatic approach and not afraid to get involved to deliver results
- To be successful in this role you must show initiative, be a self-starter with drive and commitment, an independent worker and strong team player, with the ability to learn quickly
On offer is a competitive salary plus car allowance, as well as the opportunity to progress your career quickly within a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. This is a permanent position however the business anticipates that this will role will progress within 12-18 months to a more senior role within the Finance team.