Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner - Up to £60k + benefits - Sheffield
Your new company
A dominant force in their sector, this company is large and highly successful, and can offer significant career progression opportunities for candidates with the right mix of operational experience and leadership capability.
Your new role will lead the execution and delivery of all financial analysis, forecasting and reporting activities within a specified region or division.
The role will be a key member of the team, working closely with the Regional Director, ensuring that commercial / operational and financial targets are achieved in order to deliver the overall Budget and strategic plans. Engaging with and influencing senior managers to achieve strong financial assurance, drive appropriate project financial decisions and challenge overall performance to improve results.
Your role will include:
- Work with senior regional management; the Directors of Finance and Finance Director to help develop the medium and long term business plans including appropriate performance targets and metrics
- Provide objective challenge regarding sales / cost plans and take a proactive role in looking for opportunities to deliver services more efficiently and effectively and investigate opportunities
- Support the business in assuming greater degrees of financial accountability by providing local coaching and training to improve financial confidence and competence across the regional management team
- Work proactively with key business partners and stakeholders to develop successful partnering relationships
- Act as a positive representative for Finance with business stakeholders
- Interpreting data, and creating usable information, proactively highlighting trends and potential problems
- Reviewing performance against targets at divisional level and below, relating to P&L and Working Capital objectives
- To provide forward looking insight and challenge, adding demonstrable value through delivering business commercial insights - acting as a catalyst for business change
- Drive improvements in ROCE by ensuring continued focus on working capital management and the delivery of working capital reduction targets.
- Lead the preparation and evaluation of capital expenditure requests within the region
- Providing ad hoc analysis and insights as required for the purpose of regional / Company and Group requirements
- Review financial performance information and plans - including the annual budget and the region's monthly management accounts & forecasting
- Ensure a robust control environment, through compliance with all policies and procedures as set out in the Key Control's Framework.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Finance Business Partner community to promote and share business partnering ideas, learnings, experiences and best practice.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed in this role you will need you will ideally have experience in a similar role as Finance Business Partner. You will have a high level of initiative, ability to work independently or part of a team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Furthermore you ideally will be;
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA accountant
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification
- Financial planning - short, medium and long term horizons
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, commercial awareness
- Management accounting and reporting - delivering accurate and insightful information
- Knowledge of accounting standards
- Distribution / Retail / Wholesale industry knowledge and experience
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a desirable salary of £50,000 to £60,000 + other benefits and the chance to further your career with a reputable and growing organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.