My client is an SME manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Gloucester.
Market leader in the manufacture of composite materials for the aerospace, defence, automotive and medical markets.
Assistant Financial Controller
You will support the Finance manager in the financial aspects of the business including preparation and review of monthly results and cash flow forecasting. You will be required to effectively manager and develop the finance function alongside the Finance Manger following the introduction of integrate MRP/Finance System.
- Preparation of the monthly overhead and cost centre activities for the business. Including investigation of and commentary for key variances
- Conclusion of the above in time for review of monthly results by the finance manager and the Managing Director prior to the board Pack being issued.
- Effectively investigating and reporting financial performance for key production variances and monitoring of these for the production management team.
- Monitoring of financial controls around stock and WIP and supporting production in inventory management.
- Identify improvement opportunities and plan formulation for the inception of benefits
- Maintain rolling three monthly cashflow forecast of management and board report
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Maintenance of key accruals and prepayments for overheads, holiday pay accrual etc
- Liaison with external auditors when required
- Maintenance of the MI pack on a monthly basis to senior stakeholders
- Maintain standard finance procedures across the business
Essential experience / Skills
- Qualified accountant or, Qualified by experience
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Cross-functional team player and self-starter
- Track record of delivering quality output to tight reporting deadlines by challenging existing processes and systems
- Advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Proven background of being able to influence non-finance managers
- Working within a change environment and supportive of other departments in their understanding of financial processes and issues
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.