The role is a classical management accounting position, working in a small finance team. Your focus will be around month end, with a particular emphasis on accuracy and meeting deadlines, as well as some large scale reporting during the remainder of the month.
Our client is an SME, who are part of a much larger global group. They have central Bristol offices which are highly commutable by various methods of public transport, and offer a small but friendly working environment.
The key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Working closely with the financial accountant, to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Support the financial accountant by preparing, reviewing & analysing monthly P&L
- Calculate & post journals
- Bank reconciliations
- Revaluing foreign exchange accounts
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations; accruals, creditors, debtors, deferred income, prepayments, other receivables / payables.
- Maintain fixed asset register & prepare depreciation journals
- Report monthly into Group
- Provide analysis on monthly figures to senior management
The successful candidate will;
- Have experience in all of the aforementioned tasks
- Be Part-Qualified CIMA or ACCA, or currently studying (desirable, non essential)
- Be immediately available or on a short notice period.
- Be happy to commit to an 11 month contract - this role is essential and the client cannot afford for this person to leave during the contract.
- Be able to work in central Bristol on a daily basis, from 8.30 - 5.30.
- Have multi-currency experience (desirable, non essential)
- Have Access Dimensions experience (desirable, non essential)
In return, our client can offer a highly competitive salary of between £30,000 & £34,000.