Europe Financial Controller
An opportunity has arisen for a Europe Financial Controller to join Inspired Education Group and support the delivery of the European finance agenda.
Based in central London, Fulham School is part of Inspired who owns and operates a global network of 51 premium schools educating over 38,000 students across four continents.
Since its establishment in July 2013, Inspired has grown its EBITDA by more than ten-fold. Following new equity and debt raising in 2018/19, the group is set for further significant expansion in the coming years.
The Group is continuing to grow and is looking to recruit a newly formed position of Europe Financial Controller to help support the Group in its next stage of development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand key risks and issues and provide financial reports and analysis to support the business operations and forward planning analysis on P&L; Balance Sheet; Cashflow; Working Capital, and other financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Review, analysis, interpretation and communication of annual Group Budget and medium-term plans
- Preparation of monthly and ad-hoc Operational Board, presentations including drafting of commentary, analysis, and preparation of detailed back up analysis
- Involvement with group initiatives to drive P&L and working capital improvements for the European Region
- Development of new financial analysis and insight
- Lead preparation of Subsidiary Accounts in accordance with IFRS in Europe
- Assisting school finance teams in key accounting areas such as new accounting standards, acquisition accounting, fair value accounting
- Roll out of group reporting instructions to the Region
- Liaison with external auditors
- Implementation of new accounting requirements and monitoring region wide compliance, including upcoming new Revenue and Leases Standards
- Loan covenant compliance preparation where applicable
- Leading role in implementation of Oracle JDE including design, testing, data migration, training of users, and documentation of processes
- Development of monthly management accounts, Board reporting & Budget reporting for the Region
- Catalyst of implementing enhanced internal controls across the region and providing recurring oversight of adherence
- Assistance in integration of acquisitions, including working capital analysis and subsequent earn out payments
- Ad hoc as required (Tax, Legal, Treasury, Co. sec. matters)
The successful Europe Financial Controller must have the following knowledge, skills & experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA or overseas equivalent) with 2 to 5 years post qualified experience
- Experience of working in a Private Equity backed fast growth business
- Experience of complex multi-location and multi-currency groups
- Prior experience in multinational K-12 education and training business essential
- Working knowledge of Cognos Controller / TM1 or similar consolidation system is essential
- Advanced Excel skills with proven experience of working with large Excel based financial models
- Strong end to end process management skills with strength of character and gravitas to enforce disciplines whilst maintaining a flexible and adaptable overall approach.
- Ability to liaise and enforce compliance across large geographically and culturally disparate groups
- Proficient knowledge of IFRS technical accounting
- P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow experience and consolidation
- A self-starter with the drive, determination and commitment to get things done
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines with the capacity to multi-task over several on-going projects and effectively delegate
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment
- Well organised and good attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Over 50% overseas travel is anticipated
Salary package is between £80,000 and £85,000 plus discretionary bonus and pension contributions.
Advert Posted 12 Apr 2019Advert Closes 12 May 2019