A permanent Financial Accountant job paying £30-34k for a large organisation based in Evesham.
£30,000-34,000 per annum (DOE)
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working exclusively with a hugely successful organisation in Evesham on the recruitment of a Financial Accountant to join their stable and experienced team.
Operating at a turnover of £150m, this company is a leading name within the FMCG industry and dedicated to supplying one of the largest food retailers in the UK.
Your new role
In this newly created role, you will support the Finance Director, Financial Controller and finance team by providing necessary management accounting information and performing daily tasks that allow the business to make financial decisions and meet its statutory obligations. You will assist in the maintenance of financial controls and provide accurate and timely reports/analysis to enable the efficient running of the finance department.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in the maintenance of financial accounting procedures in line with company policies
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management reports including but not limited to stock reports, accruals reports, current revaluations and balance sheet analysis
- Assist in preparing weekly summaries of the companies working capital
- Prepare for review weekly payroll submissions
- Prepare for review and payment statutory payroll returns
- Calculate for review summaries of weekly currency requirement based on the activity of the business
- Compile other ad hoc analysis and summaries to management to assist in the day-to-day running of the business
- Deputise for colleagues and Financial Controller in their absence when required
What you'll need to succeed
- Part or fully qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or qualified by experience
- A strong understanding of all aspects of finance and accounting procedures
- Relevant finance experience in a commercial environment
- Numerate, organised and experienced in compiling reports in line with departmental/managerial requirements
- Good working knowledge of Excel (essential) and SAP (desirable)
- An excellent team player with a self-motivated and flexible approach to work
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and the chance to work for an exciting organisation that is constantly growing. You'll benefit from an excellent working location and lovely, modern offices which boasts canteen facilities. Other notable benefits include 22 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), a contributory pension scheme, a group offer share scheme (upon completion of probation) and free onsite parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.