Cost Accountant - Manufacturing
Senior finance role with a top manufacturing company
A leading global chemical solutions provider
- Own the cost centre reporting, including managing the site cost forecasting. Working with all cost centre owners to ensure full accountability and visibility on controllable costs.
- Financial evaluation and monitoring of capital expenditure projects.
- Proactively report deviations to budget and timeline to different stakeholders.
- Maintain an effective and efficient internal control structure ensuring compliance with internal procedures and SOX related requirements.
- Validate inventory stock valuations, variances and reporting.
- Act as a process verifier, providing support and sign off on financial elements of all projects in the continuous improvement program.
- Act as financial representative in overall contract management for the production site, in liaison with site management and purchasing.
- Adding value by providing departmental managers with insights into financial activities and facilitating performance improvement to realise the financial benefits
- Qualified (ACCA or CIMS) or qualification by experience in Management and/or Cost Accounting.
- Experience of working within the manufacturing industry and with finance shared service arrangements.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel, SAP and data warehousing statistical packages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with all business levels.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills.
- Strongly data orientated and organised with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Attention to detail and solution driven
- Fluent in English, any additional European language skills would also be an advantage but not essential.
Very competitive salary