My client is a privately-owned UK energy business based on the outskirts of Gloucester. Formed in 2010 my client has established a sustainable and fast-growing energy supplier that trades all power and gas at the best possible price with a real focus on customer care.
What you'll be doing:
Based on the out skirts of Gloucester, the Financial Controller will report directly into the Managing Director running the finance function on a daily basis as well as supporting the strategic guidance of the business. You will have responsibility for company administration and the financial reporting of their fast-growing and agile business.
The role will have full accounting responsibility across this small group with high turnover and will be a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to take real ownership at this point in their careers
- Ownership of statutory accounting process
- Attending board meetings and reporting into MD
- Identify and implement management accounting processes
- Financial analysis with particular focus on cash flow forecasting
- Build relationship with senior stakeholders, presenting financial information to the board
- Ongoing process improvement and implementation
- Long term involvement in deal side due diligence/investment appraisal
- Supervision of qualified HQ team and global Unit Controllers
- Annual Audit
- A qualified accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Experience with improving processes
- Management reporting
- Desire to work in small, growing business within the energy sector
- Supervisory experience is ideal
- Business partnering capability
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.