Group Finance – Assistant Accountant
About the role
Bourne Leisure is currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to become part of the Group Finance team. You will have a great opportunity to get first-hand experience of working in a finance role, whilst developing a greater understanding of many aspects of day to day business operations. This role will provide the foundation to a promising finance career with Bourne Leisure & offers a full study package (ACCA or CIMA) to become a qualified accountant.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
Cash Accounting & Reporting
• Daily monitoring of Group’s cash position & weekly preparation of cash flow.
• Preparing the phasing of the cash flow budget.
• Seasonal money market deposits & arrangement of loan draw downs to cover cash shortfalls.
• Other Adhoc cash duties e.g. banking and issuing urgent cheques on request.
• Preparing budgets and forecasts for department managers in the head office.
• Reporting on monthly variances against budget and previous year for each head office department.
• Preparing Adhoc costing analysis for the department managers.
Other Key Tasks
• Support the Senior Assistant Accountant with preparation of Board Papers by collating the Balance Score Card information for Bourne Leisure and Bourne Support.
• Prepare the dividend communications & vouchers to the Shareholders.
• Support Tax accountant with Adhoc data collection.
• Complete Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Support the audit process by assisting with the external auditor’s requests.
• Process inter-company recharges to the Brands.
• Supporting the finance apprentice.
This role will provide a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in a finance role within a Sunday Times Top 25 Big company.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a keen and motivated individual who wants to kickstart their career within a finance role. Key attributes for any candidate are a willingness to learn and develop personally. You will need to have strong numeracy skills and be comfortable communicating to various stakeholders within the organisation. Time management and attention to detail are also important traits to have to be able to work accurately within deadlines:
• A candidate who has recently graduated or is graduating in 2019 with a strong degree in any discipline.
• Able to start from the beginning of June.
• Strong numeracy skills
• Good excel ability
• Good verbal and interpersonal skills
• Inquisitive mind and willingness to learn
• Creative problem solver
• Fully committed to qualifying as an accountant
Know what’s in it for you:
Memories that last a lifetime are not only for guests but Team Members too. We offer all Team Members the chance to be a part of something unique where they can enjoy careers that provide inspiring experiences, exciting challenges and great benefits. We are committed to developing our talent, which allows for a wide scope of amazing opportunities and benefits as the business continues to grow.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
-20% team member discount on Warner Leisure Hotels, Butlin's and Haven holidays for you, your family and friends
-Reward and recognition schemes including long service
-Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within Bourne Leisure
-Childcare voucher scheme (subject to eligibility)
-Government pension scheme