The Upstream Oil department is responsible for the management of the company's Exploration and Production (E&P) Assets located mainly in West Africa. The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with the accurate & timely preparation of monthly financial accounts and associated reporting for a number of Group companies involved in the company's Upstream business. This role requires finance background, someone with good attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate both people and processes.
* Collating government and contract compliance reports under Production Sharing Contracts on a quarterly, half yearly and annual basis ensuring reporting commitments are satisfied
* Co-ordination, collation and delivery of various management and government reporting packs
* Assist in preparing budget and forecast presentation materials for use by management. Packaging information into visually neat presentation format requiring conversion of financial information into graphical formats and messages
* Review and document internal controls to ensure compliance with policies and standards
* Support annual group year-end audit and ad hoc Joint Venture, cost recovery and tax audits
* Working with other teams and disciplines to coordinate budget/forecast/reporting inputs, requiring the ability to build relationships, achieve challenging deadlines and timelines
* Assist with preparation of annual tax returns and quarterly tax returns
* Assist with preparation of external regulatory reporting
* Month-end duties including:
Preparing bank reconciliations and intercompany confirmations
Calculation, preparation & input of journal entries for E&P companies
Update financial models on a monthly basis Running of the financial reports and exception reports to ensure system controls are being adhered to
* Maintain accurate and complete supporting documentation for all of the above
Education & Experience Requirements
* Economics/accounting/ business degree desirable (min 2:1) and strong A- levels (incl. maths)
* Familiarity with oil production sharing contracts - highly desirable
* 2 years' experience as a Finance Analyst (E&P company or similar business environment preferred)
* An interest in or already studying either CIMA or ACCA
* Strong numerical skills which will be tested at interview stage
* Good Interpersonal /communication skills
* Familiarity of basic valuation / return terminology
* Highly organised, detail orientated with a high level of attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
This is an excellent opportunity for an organised, detailed, pro-active and financially-minded graduate to gain a broad range of experience and learn a great deal. You will have the opportunity to get involved in the various aspects of the Finance function of the E&P team as well as learning about the E&P business and the systems we use.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required
under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.