Interim Management Accountant
Our client - a well known Services business based in Glasgow - are looking for an interim Management/Planning Accountant for a 9 month maternity cover contract
A very well known, growing Services business based in Glasgow
The role will involve:
- Production and analysis of the margin components of the statutory accounts process for all relevant entities, ensuring that published results are accurate and fully understood, and highlighting any areas for improvement
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and control of the month end process
- Provision of accurate, timely and robust information on margins on a fully integrated International Accounting Standards (IAS) basis to meet specified deadlines
- Prepare analysis and supporting documentation for External Audit
- Ensure that the structure of the Integrated Margins Accounting System (IMAS) and general ledger (SAP) are reviewed and maintained to reflect any potential changes in reporting, new products/commodities and any other requirements.
- Assessment of new activities and products which could impact margins, and ensure that adequate controls, and financial procedures and processes are in place
- Develop relationships with key staff across the wider Control team and the operational and commercial area within the business
- Review and challenge all investment proposals and contracts
- Prepare key inputs for the Business Plan and Impairment Review processes.
- Develop, maintain and constantly update internal control procedures for all activities within the margin area.
- Ensure IT environment continues to meet financial and regulatory requirements in the most efficient fashion
The successful candidate will:
- Be fully qualified
- Immediately available (or available at short notice)
- Have confidence, ability and presence to constructively challenge at all levels
- Have sound judgement and professional decision-making ability
- Be a pro-active person who anticipates issues and problems and puts in place effective strategies to manage these.
- Have excellent oral and written communication and in particular the ability to communicate financial concepts/issues to non-finance managers
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheet skills and ledger posting
- Delivery focus and high level of resilience to deal with the changing demands and time-pressures of the role
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver accurately under acute time pressures for both themselves and their team
- Self-starter, ability to identify and execute process improvement opportunities
A competitive interim salary