Project/Finance Coordinator - (12 month FTC)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, driven individual to join the UK Assurance team at a Big 4 firm based in the Cambridge office on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Working as a valued member of the team, you will interface regularly with the engagement team members and external client personnel at all levels of seniority.
My client is looking for someone who has the autonomy to become a trusted member of the team and will be expected to make independent decisions, exercise sound judgment and discretion, take ownership of processes, coordinating with geographically dispersed stakeholders.
A Big 4 firm based in Cambridge
You will spend most of your time dedicated to engagement administration and non-technical project coordination. You will provide day to day support to audit teams, their activities and service delivery of audit engagements, including both financial analysis & general administration.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A keen desire to learn, preferably with experience in a professional services environment
- Have an understanding of account management with proven project management skills
- Ability to multitask and deal with a wide and varied workload and during key busy periods, be able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of work
- Numeracy skills and the ability to learn and understand calculation of financial measures
- Ability to plan & manage own workload with minimal direction and complete projects on an accurate and timely basis. Managing multiple ongoing and ad-hoc projects with the ability to prioritise is essential
- Strong communication skills, specifically questioning, challenging and confidence to approach stakeholders of all seniority
- High level of competency in MS Office with advanced level MS Excel
- Strong customer service focus and ability to anticipate team / client requirements
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Experience of tracking actual costs against budget on a project and an understanding of financial measures
- Experience of reporting directly to senior stakeholders on a project
- Be educated to 'A' Levels standard and/or further education qualification e.g. HND/degree qualified - preferred although not essential
- Competitive salary
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you