Divisional Financial Controller
New Divisional Financial Controller for Large PLC in Cheshire
Your new company
My exclusive client are a large and recognisable organisation based in Cheshire. Due to a re-structure they are looking to recruit a divisional financial controller to join the team. Due to the size of the organisation there will be ample senior finance opportunities/progression moving forward.
Your new role
- Month end activities including jnl posting; accruals and prepayments; reconciliations; data analysis, review of functional numbers and allocation of functional costs to divisional units
- Managing the financial impact (principally revenue recognition) of multiple contract types
- Manage and maintain the nominal ledger on the Intellect system
- Manage the month end balance sheet reconciliation process and reviews
- Manage the preparation and submission of month end accounts into group deadlines
- Preparation, reconciliation and submission of statutory information to HMRC
- Ad hoc queries and data analysis including cost reporting
- Managing audit queries (internal and external)
- Managing and coordinating outsourced accounting processes to shared service centres
- Statutory statistical returns
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). You will need extremely strong commercial acumen and the ability to partner with both financial and non-financial stakeholders throughout the organisation.
What you'll get in return
You will get a salary of up to £55,000 and the opportunity to work for a brilliant and recognisable organisation with real opportunities for progression. Further, you will be undertaking an extremely important role to the division and making a real impact. Overall, this is an outstanding opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.