Interim Management Accountant
An Interim Management Accountant Job In Belper - 9 Month FTC Paying Up To £40,000 Pro Rata
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be supporting an international, multi-million pound engineering and manufacturing business to recruit a Management Accountant for their Derbyshire site.
You will report to the Financial Controller and help drive the finance function forward. The business have won some new contracts recently so you will be comfortable in a fast paced and demanding environment.
Brief overview of responsibilities:
- Analysis of actual fixed cost compared to budget and forecast on cost centre and G/L account level
- Analysis of actual headcount compared to budget and forecast on cost centre level
- Analysis of investment spending compared to budget and forecast on cost centre level
- Prepare meaningful reports and presentations on fixed cost / headcount / investment spending based on existing templates
- Discuss fixed cost variances with cost centre managers
- Support forecasting, budgeting and business planning for fixed cost and investment spending
- Calculate accruals and provisions for month end closing and preparation of journals
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliation
- Ensure compliance to accounting principles and relevant corporate guidelines and policies
- Ensure that relevant processes are documented
The role would be ideally suited to someone ACA/ACCA qualified looking to make their first move into Industry from a medium sized practice. However fully qualified candidates operating in a similar position will also be considered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.