Commercial Income Analyst
We are recruiting for a Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK, based in Dunstable, who are looking for a commercially minded Commercial Income Analyst to join their Finance team.
Our client is a well known retailer across the UK with their head offices based in Dunstable. They have an impressive turnover exceeding half a billion pounds and are trading from more than 450 stores across the UK. They are among the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK and have been for four years running and continue to deliver market-beating sales growth with an impressive store opening schedule.
The Commercial Income Analyst will be responsible for the commercial analysis of all related areas of supplier funding and stock for this part of the group.
A key part of the role is to support the commercial director, senior executive team and buying function with value-adding information and insight to meet business objectives for supplier funding and stock.
The role duties include:
- Act as the main finance contact for all aspects of supplier funding with a focus to identify future risks and opportunities
- Creation of budgets and forecasts supported with variance analysis as part of month-end process
- Tracking, verification and recording of suppliers trading agreements (legal documents) ensuring accuracy and timeliness of supplier funding into the accounts
- Ensure any queries are resolved for cash collection and aid to get payments in on a timely basis
- Business partnering with the commercial & replenishment teams to direct stock purchases for maximum ROI while optimising sales in-line with business targets
- Preparation of month end accruals, journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Calculation, reconciliation and timely invoicing of all aspects of supplier funding to facilitate cashflow of the company
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve disputes over funding and turnover levels
- Regular and accurate finance reporting
- In co-operation with supply chain and commercial teams, provide analytical input to facilitate achieving the business stock targets including sterling stock targets, stock weeks cover and slow moving stock
- Stock reporting & analysis of key KPI's as part of monthend
- Preparing month end accruals, journals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Contribute to weekly reporting to the commercial team
- Continuing to strive to improve quality and efficiencies in the reporting and delivery of information
- Support finance team with ad hoc queries
The successful Commercial Income Analyst will be:
The Commercial Income Analyst will look to earn in the region of £30,000 plus an extensive benefits package including a bonus scheme and study package.