Collections/Recoveries Adviser | Leicester | Temp | £9-£11 Per Hour
The Role Purpose
- To collect outstanding payments on mid to high value overdue accounts whilst providing excellent customer service to licensees.
- Support processes on low value accounts resolving queries and customer contact as requested to target customer payments
- To maintain/improve debtor days for maximum cash flow and minimum bad debt.
- Actively manage assigned overdue accounts. This will include;
- proactively contacting customers with outstanding invoices for licence fees
- receiving customer calls for payment or disputes
- processing card payments or setting up DD
- objection handling to ensure customers understand the need and benefits of the music licence, ensuring licence fee payment
- being aware of the impact of instalments and/or customer service quality on debtor days
- liaising with third parties regarding customer queries
- raising concerns with respect to doubtful / bad debt
- Monitor and analyse customer accounts for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities and provide insights to the Finance team
- Use objection handling techniques to proactively resolve any customer queries or objections. Effectively obtain evidence of music usage to support potential infringement cases
- Respond to customer queries regarding payment plan modifications and inform customers of status including rejections where necessary
- In conjunction with the Team Leader, to validate and evaluate customer debt through cost/ benefit analysis in order to decide the most appropriate strategy
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience within a phone-based customer contact team
- Competent numeracy skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Clear and enthusiastic telephone manner
- Competent using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working within a target driven commercial team
- Experience of working in a Credit or Collections team
- Intermediate Excel users
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.