Treasury Assistant - Fixed Term contract
Treasury Assistant, Finance assistant, Assistant Accountant, Temporary job, fixed term contract, Coventry
Your new company
A dynamic HE provider based in Coventry.
Your new role
An exciting opportunity to join this dynamic and rapidly growing Higher education organisation as a Treasury Assistant on a 5 month fixed term contract. The purpose of the role is to support the Treasury Manager and Assistant Treasury Manager to effectively manage Group treasury management function.
The post holder will support the development of the treasury function and processes while ensuring that robust financial controls are adhered to.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately post all income and expenditure received within the bank accounts on a timely basis and in accordance with the month and year-end timetables.
- Monitor & manage non-reconciled items and cascade out to the business within the agreed SLA.
- Complete cashbook matching tasks and resolve any differences in reconciling the bank reconciliation within month end deadlines.
- Reconcile data at month-end and year-end, including reconciliations of bank accounts using Income Manager and the general ledger.
- Assist the Subsidiary Project Accountant of in a reconciliation between the bank and their system, Jupix. This will involve a high level of problem solving and require a self-starter attitude.
- Carry out analysis into postings through the bank account working independently to resolve any issues and develop integral processes going forward.
What you'll need to succeed
- Extensive work experience in a treasury, accounting or finance role.
- Experience of working with high volume bank accounts and large databases.
- High level of expertise in the use of appropriate applications within Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise work.
- Ability to work under pressure in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of u to £24,000 pro rata. 5 month fixed term contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.