The position of Accountant takes responsibility for specific areas of the P&L, balance sheet and key finance processes
Your new role
Monthly close Activity
- Calculation of accruals and prepayments and posting of related month end journals.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Cross charge of internal costs and related liaison with depots.
- Reconciliation customer accounts to ensure completeness of sales, costs and inventory balances.
- Preparing management accounts and monitoring of data to ensure completeness of accounts.
- Review of the P&L, identifying areas for investigation and resolving the issues identified.
- Production and analysis of haulage and delivery cost statistic data
Ad hoc activity
- Analysis, extracting data from Oracle and other systems, producing summaries and highlighting salient points.
- Responding to queries and requests for analysis from the business.
- Answer queries raised during Statutory and SOX audits.
- Provide holiday cover to other finance team members as required.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Finance Controller and Finance Director.
- Allocation of the tasks within the team is subject to change by the Financial Controller and may change from time to time.
- Documentation of key processes and cross training to ensure cover.
- Identifying areas for improvement in the efficiency of own or other finance team tasks and opportunities for business improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Part qualified Accountant or qualified by experience.
- Experience of
- Posting journals.
- Preparing management accounts and management information reports.
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations and ability to resolve issues.
- Analysis of data, identifying and then resolving issues.
- Using Microsoft Excel to an advanced level with large volume of data.
- Using an ERP accounting system
The ability to:
- Work alone and within a team.
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Be proactive
- Pay attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A 'can do' attitude with a high level of energy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.