A new fully or part-qualified Management Accountant is needed for a developmental role in Didcot.
Your new company
My client is a successful, award winning, community-based organisation working in and around Oxfordshire. They are a mutual who provide homes for affordable rent and shared ownership for people who prefer to rent or who can't afford to rent or buy in the private sector. Any surplus revenue they make is reinvested to develop new homes and look after the neighbourhoods in which they work.
Your new role
- Work with the management accountant to produce regular, accurate management accounting and performance information report and ensure its timely distribution.
- Produce the repairs report and reconciliation of repair costs between the Housing management system and Open Accounts
- Produce the VAT returns
- Reconcile the governments CORE reporting system and the Housing management system for lettings, voids and re-lets;
- Assist the management accountant with management of the treasury function
What you'll need to succeed
- A recognised professional full or part-qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or ability to show you are qualified by experience;
- Previous experience in a finance department and a thorough understanding of general accounting systems;
- Excellent numeracy, financial and IT skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
It would also be nice to have:
- Experience within the social housing sector
- Experience of using Open Accounts
- Experience of using a housing management system
What you'll get in return
An attractive salary and pension scheme
An opportunity to be mentored, grow and develop your career in a supportive environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.