Finance Officer - Carmarthen - Temp to permanent for the right candidate - £9.50 - £11.50 per hour
Your new company
My client, a leading charity in the Carmarthen area is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer to join their busy Accounts team on a temp to perm basis.
The successful candidate will ideally be an AAT studier who as a solid background in payroll, who is available to start a new assignment on an immediate basis.The client is able to pay a salary of £9.50 - £11.50 per hour for the successful candidate, plus support towards financial accounting qualifications.
The role will involve working closely with the Finance Manager to support the operational and administration processes within the finance functions.Key duties of the role to include -
- Assist the preparation and production of management accounts and budgets
- Maintain the nominal ledger system and prepare monthly control accounts
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of rent accounting system and related reconciliations
- Produce external funding returns in accordance with grants / contracts awarded
- Produce financial information requested by commissioners and funders
- Payroll processing, including HMRC, Pensions and other payments
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of accounting reporting, as well as understanding of financial control accounts and postings to nominal ledger, journals, prepayments and accruals. The successful candidate will be IT literate and have good excel experience. The successful candidate will also possess strong organisational and excellent communication skills.