UK Financial Controller
The Cluster Controller will have full responsibility for all accounting and compliance for the UK, Ireland and the UAE. They will manage a small team of one or two accountants. They will be responsible for timely completion of all internal and external reporting requirements and maintain robust and efficient controls to satisfy my clients Internal Audit and external regulatory requirements
My client is an American luxury jewelry and specialty retailer, headquartered in New York City. It sells jewelry, sterling silver, china, crystal, stationery, fragrances, water bottles, watches, personal accessories, as well as some leather goods
- Financial reporting in US GAAP . Ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly close for the countries in the cluster. Accurate and timely completion of the close schedules for submission to the US.
- Review of results pre-close (vs Plan /Trend analysis etc) to ensure that the accounts are accurate. Other close reporting as required.
- Monthly preparation and review of the balance sheet reconciliations to ensure that all accounts are adequately reconciled and that all aged items are resolved in a timely manner (30 days).
- Team Management :
- Recruitment of staff
- Setting Objectives ,measuring performance and conducting employee assessments
- Mentoring, motivating and developing staff
- Performance management.
- Responsible for all finance compliance matters including VAT & Corporate Tax. Accurate and Timely submission of all regulatory returns. Managing any VAT or Tax audits.
- Accurate preparation and timely submission of all statutory reporting and filings. Liaise with auditors and tax accountants to ensure clean audit report and no issues with tax reporting. Managing the audit process.
- Work with the Transaction teams (AP/AR/Intercompany) to ensure that transactions are accounted for accurately and timely.
- Manage the Payroll process and Payroll Advisor for the UK.
- Ad Hoc improvement projects.
- Academic qualification : ACCA, ACA , CIMA qualified
- At least 3 years post qualification related work experience in industry, preferably in the retail sector.
- Self-motivated with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with JD Edwards is a bonus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Track record of process improvements.
A highly competitive package