Finance Systems Accountant
This is a key role working within a specialist team providing expert advice and guidance into Group wide system development projects, particularly Oracle PBCS application, impacting the Finance organisation working closely with cross functional teams from inception through to delivery.
The client is the UKs fastest growing energy company.
- Support functional design and development on PBCS systems development.
- Ensure consistent controls, policies, procedures, and standards are in place across all models.
- Work closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project deliverables are completed to plan.
- Manage ITSC faults assigned by the team through to resolution.
- Maintenance of user accounts and metadata while co-ordinating the up-date of system policies and procedures.
- Deliver end user training.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant with significant experience with system support and maintenance Oracle (Hyperion) Planning and PBCS applications.
- Significant experience of Financial Reporting and leading practice Planning and Budgeting techniques.
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework.
- Experience of analysing and mapping complex processes
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional workshop environment
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
- Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio.
- Full understanding of Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS support and maintenance, including best practice SQL coding procedures.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions.
- Ability to work with all levels of the Organisation.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Proven experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment.
- Educated to Degree level.
- CCAB qualified accountant with post qualification experience.
- Competitive salary
- Group Pension Plan
- Share Save & Share Award schemes
- Tailored internal development opportunities
- One day paid volunteering
- Generous holiday allowance, and ability to buy extra days