Assistant Management Accountant
Benefits you will receive with this role
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Option to join the Veolia Pension Scheme
- Access to Veolia’s rewards, benefit & discounts
- 25 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays
- Opportunity to join the Finance Graduate Scheme
Where you’ll work
As an Assistant Management Accountant, you will support the Finance team in providing financial information to the UK&I Management Board. You will also act as the interface between the Ireland and Industrial Customers businesses and the Head of Management Control and Cash Control.
What you’ll do
- Analyse and report financial and operational performance of our Irish and Industrial Customers businesses.
- Analysis of actual, budget and forecast results for our Irish and Industrial Customers businesses with a particular focus on revenue and EBITDA, on-going saving plans and Capital Expenditure over comparative years.
- Support the Ireland and Industrial Customers businesses in the development of the annual budget (ensuring alignment with Group guidelines and assumptions).
- Submission of financial and non-financial data into the Group Management Information System and provide assistance in resolving ad hoc queries from our Global head office in Paris.
- Provide cover for the preparation of monthly, forecast and budget capex analysis for UK&I zone.
- Provide support for the collation and entry of quarterly and annual Efficiency Plan savings for UK&I as part of the wider Group efficiency programme.
- To provide support for the co-ordination, preparation and review of the UK&I Long Term Plan.
- Identify and propose any continuous improvement initiatives across the function.
The experience you will need
- University degree or/and Business school.
- Part-qualified CIMA / CA / ACCA (or international equivalent).
- Knowledge of Excel and Google Office Suite.
- Strong communicator and team player.
- Ability to prioritise as well as react to short term business requests.
Who is Veolia?
We are the UK leader in Environmental Solutions. We offer services and expertise in waste, water and energy management helping to build a more sustainable future. As a global organisation, our work focuses on delivering simple but innovative solutions to preserving natural resources, reducing pollution and protecting our environment.
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission is to 'Resource the World'. Improving communities and protecting the environment are right at the heart of our business.
But it takes more than just words and ambition to achieve this, it takes the daily efforts of thousands of people across the UK to bring it to life. Together our employees make our communities better. They are the resourcers, behind the resources. They are real people like you, and they make real change happen every day.
Veolia is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants meeting the minimum criteria for the role will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or veteran status.