Finance Analyst - newly qualified accountant
The main remit of this Finance Analyst role based close to Accrington, will be to play a pivotal role in a SAP systems implementation and subsequent testing period.
Business partnering with all manner of stakeholders, this is the perfect role to join and set you in a strong position to progress throughout the finance team.
Michael Page Lancashire are excited to be partnering with one of the regions most exciting and progressive organisations.
For newly qualified accountants who are looking to progress their career quickly, this is a brilliant business with a proven track record for offering fast tracked careers and variation for astute, career minded accountants.
Joining a talented and well established finance team, you will be entering a fast paced yet supportive environment, able to offer unrivalled exposure to an acquisitive and evolving business.
With extremely easy access just off the motorway, this is a great opportunity to accelerate your career.
The key responsibilities for this Accrington based leading employer will include:
- Partnering directly with key business users as well as the SAP core implementation team and SAP finance super users to understand key requirements and SAP capabilities in the respective areas
- Support Finance users in their day-to-day use of the system, identifying and helping to resolve technical and process issues.
- Working with finance and business users to identify how SAP can be developed to improve the transaction capture, reporting and ultimately decision making process.
- If appropriate, proposing changes to the system architecture which will enhance the relevance and impact of the management accounting information being produced
- Use data to analyse bottlenecks, issues and provide fact and analysis-based recommendations for improvements
- Initially, maintain standard reports and develop custom reports for end users prior to transition to BAU outputs
- Perform daily & monthly system administration/maintenance such as validation of reports and system outputs.
- Work with key business stakeholders to identify and implement process improvements to SAP functionality.
- Proactively research and implement system enhancements and additional functionality
The successful candidate for this Accrington based Systems Accountant role will be a switched on, proactive finance professional.
Michael Page Lancashire are eager to partner with driven, career focused qualified accountants who are highly analytic and systems savvy.
Although SAP / Systems prior experience would be advantageous, that is not a pre-requisite here. The key skills include:
- Strong analytical skills and advanced excel - SQL would be very helpful
- Brilliant communication skills
- Career focused and ambitious
- Able to business partner with all manner of stakeholders, influencing change and pushing for excellence
- Looking to use this opportunity in the systems role to gain a broad, well rounded understanding of the business before pushing on to progress your career internally within the organisation
- Bright, astute looking to add value and progress
This Accrington based role can offer a competitive salary of £35,000 - £42,000 dependent on experience.