Newly Qualified Accountant
Newly Qualified Accountant, Industry Role, Derry City, Salary Negotiable
Your new company
You will work for a leading company based in Derry who offer a diverse range of services within their Group. This company supports local business sectors in the North West area and provides employment for over 1000 people directly and indirectly.
Your new role
As a Newly Qualified Accountant you will work in a busy department supporting the Group Management Accountant. Duties and responsibilities will include: produce monthly management accounts including profit and loss, balance sheet reconciliations along with variances to budget for the organisation in an accurate and timely manner; prepare the annual statutory Financial Statements for audit and liaise with the External Auditor as required; prepare monthly profit projections, updated on a weekly basis; produce half yearly divisional profit and loss accounts; assist the Group Management Accountant in the preparation of financial analyses and key performance indicators/ monthly variance analysis; assist in the annual budgeting process and strategy development; prepare and process monthly creditor payments and ensure purchases comply with the Organisation's procurement policy; review and approve the weekly payroll including the calculation of overtime, holiday pay, bonuses etc; and prepare the monthly payroll including timely completion and submission of HMRC forms and pension contributions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Fully Qualified Accountant (Newly Qualified or 1 year PQE)
- At least three years relevant experience in either a practice or commercial background.
- Demonstrate and provide evidence of a thorough understanding of statutory accounting requirements.
- Strong accounts preparation experience alongside expertise in another discipline or strong experience in preparing management accounts.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Strong data analysis and reporting ability.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent core accountancy skills
- Effective communication skills.
What you'll get in return
You will work for a well established leading organisation, full-time hours Monday to Friday. Salary will be dependent on previous experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Edelle Harrigan on 02871 242031.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.