This is a key, newly created Assistant Accountant position in the Bristol-based finance department of a fast-growing, international property business.
My client are a private equity-backed, rapidly-expanding property business with a presence across a number of major international cities. Set to experience growth of more than four-fold in revenue in the next 4 years and expanding into a number of new countries, it is an exciting time for a company that has doubled revenues in the past 3 years. With the development of processes and systems that accompany rapid expansion, the role and company offers significant personal development opportunities for the successful candidate
- Manage all current and new vendors accounts as per the company standards (Complete supplier forms, credit check etc) for different entities
- Process invoices/credits/employee expenses/credit cards on SAGE 200 and submit for authorisation to the relevant managers.
- Managing the expenses system for the development team and assisting with the transition to a new system
- Ensure accurate recording of VAT on supplier invoices
- Reviewing payment runs against invoices and prepare payment schedules.
- Managing the processing of payments (through international entity) and ensuring that the documentation complies with requirements.
- Manage and maintain an efficient process that enables systematic and organised filing for all documents
- Reviewing the Aged Creditors for month end, prepare aged creditors for review and identify accruals or prepayments where required.
- Ensuring KPIs are met each month including; minimal supplier disputes, on time payments, percentage on purchase order and creditor days etc.
- Identify project costs to be capitalised/expensed and monitor these against project accounts.
- Preparation of invoices for debt drawdown and submission following approval to Project Monitors.
- Preparation of invoices for recharges to other inter group companies.
- Identify opportunities to implement new structures and procedures.
- Dealing with any vendors enquiries effectively and professionally in a timely manner (target response to queries is 24hours).
- Reconciliation of Company bank accounts weekly and preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Assisting with the month end management accounts preparation to meet tight month-end reporting deadlines, including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the finance team and other departments in any ad hoc or internal projects as required.
- Operate efficiently and effectively within company's policies, procedures and practices.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates experience in an AP or general finance role.
- AAT qualified/nearly qualified, and/or studying towards professional accounting exams (ACCA, ACA, or CIMA).
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Skills.
- Knowledge or experience within the property industry is desirable, but non-essential
- Previous experience using SAGE200
- Confident manner and ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to grow and expand their role as the Group grows
Core skills and attributes:
- Keen eye for detail and also the ability to see the bigger picture - ability to work in a repeatable way that enables work to be independently picked up by others and to be well and easily understood
- Ability to work under pressure and ambiguity/critical prioritisation of workload
- Extremely organised, displays initiative and has proven experience as a cross skilled accounts payable and finance officer function
- Works well within a team and autonomous environment
- Technically strong, with working knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Communication - in all forms for each audience
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight reporting deadlines and prioritise work streams
- Flexible and "Roll up the Sleeves" to support other areas of the finance function or business
- Open and easily builds relationships with people
- Professional and personable phone manner and excellent attention to detail.
- Have a radical transparency and continuous improvement mindset
- Identify needs within the business in relation to invoice processing and payments and work with the business units to ensure all strategies are in alignment with the overall business strategy.
This role will pay a very competitive salary, which will be based on the experience and level of qualification of the candidate. The client are open to considering candidates at different levels.