Exciting opportunity within a Global business based in Warwickshire, seeking an experienced Head of Finance with a background in manufacturing
My client is a global business that manufacture parts within the Automotive industry. They have a long and strong track record
- Full Financial Responsibility for the Plant Facility
- Support Plant Manager & Team Financially to drive improvement
- Manage Plant Finance Team
- All Plant monthly & quarterly financial reporting directly into Group Controller where necessary, to ensure accuracy and completeness of all results submitted.
- Monitor key performance measures against agreed targets and detail as part of monthly reviews
- Attend Plant Management meetings
- Support shared service to manage AR & ACP systems/process for the plant
- Drive focus on key measurable - Scrap, program profitability, cost management, working capital management etc
- Management of Month end preparation & reporting of results. This includes all levels of data analysis (P&L and Balance sheets)
- Analysing all departments and accounts by person with rebilling of costs where necessary.
- Ensure completion all Balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis with back-up as per Company requirement.
- Prepare & present Cash-flow: Budgeting, Forecasting and reporting to Local/Soft Trim Management team
- Present Weekly Flash result explaining deviation to Forecast/Budget
- Ensuring the systems and practices within Plant meet with internal and external requirements, highlighting issues where necessary.
- Facilitate CSOX self-testing within Plant in line with guidelines
- Generate reports/results in an accurate and timely manner as required.
- Managing the monthly Sales analysis ensuring all sales and associated sales are reported accurately in ERP system.
- Act as facilitator for Financial queries generating reports/ correspondence, delegating where necessary.
- Acting as interface to external auditors, managing all aspects of audits as require
- Generating Budget / Forecasting information as required with load into One Stream
- Provide detailed Weekly/monthly. quarterly variance analysis against target identifying key driver
- Cultivate excellent relationship with Functional/Global support teams to ensure alignment o business objectives.
- Support stock take with variance analysis to identify key loss driver
- Work with KPMG to ensure Year end Audit compliance
- Ensure standard costs correct./ Plant Costing / Participate in costing and RFQ process where require
- Analysis of Financial data where required to identify improvement opportunities. Working closely with the senior operations management team & contributing to management of Costing & Improvement program
- Encourage and maintain functional accountability to achieve agreed target
- Sales Forecast reports in an accurate and timely manner as required
- Proactively developing and improving Finance department with the aim of ensuring the financial department can meet/exceed the required results.
- Conduct and present investment proposals to secure investment, thereafter ensure project costs adhered and payback delivered
- Monitor and highlight Foreign Currency movements & effect and highlight issues to senior management recommending potential actions
- Qualified Accountant with experience in high volume (preferably automotive) manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of SOX applications & requirements -preferable.
- Previous financial management experience within similar industry & scale of operations.
- Educated to high level, Degree qualified - desirable
- Team-player with ability to work as part of a team or on own initiatives / Work well under pressure, effective communication skills, well presented.
- Good understanding of MS Office applications with advanced knowledge of financial spread-sheets. Good understanding of financial reporting systems
£70,000 to £80,000 plus car, bonus, pension.