Finance Graduate Trainee
Our Finance Graduate Training Scheme has been specially designed to give you wide exposure to all elements of our finance function to not only help you meet the requirements of ACCA or CIMA but also to help further your career in Lloyd’s Register.
Over the course of the three years you will develop a wide-ranging span of knowledge and skills and our dedicated training provider, Kaplan, will be taking you through your professional qualification through the apprenticeship route.
During a period of 3 years you will gain a core understanding of the fundament key areas of the LR transactional finance function through actively undertaking roles in each of the three core areas for a period of four months in each area.
Assists with task as directed by General Ledger team:
- Journal preparation, uploading and posting into JDE
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliations monthly
- Correct accounting for Fixed Assets, Prepayments & Accruals at month-end
- Responsible for overhead analysis and reporting to budget holders
- Assists with monthly and annual closings
- Inter-company charges
- Allocations of support function costs
- Prepares KPI’s for internal departments and other ad hoc reports to strict deadlines
Assists with task as directed by Service Delivery Support (SDS):
- Contribute to sustaining our existing business.
- Ask questions to understand the client needs, issues and expectations, explain the service offering ensuring that any leads that require sales team involvement are forwarded to the relevant team members
- Generate and follow-up on standard client quotes, purchase orders and contracts, liaising where necessary with operations, sales and marketing and group services to clarify information and resolve any potential issues
- Deal with queries and build relationships with internal/external clients taking personal responsibility for ensuring that the client needs are met
- Receive and review documents relating to work carried out and issue pro-forma invoices to the SSC
- Prioritise and process all activities in accordance with documented processes and agreed deadlines in line with contractual requirements, cost structures and budget constraints
- Support the resolution of any client queries and disputes to aid the payment collection process and to maintain financial KPI’s within the targeted level for the team. Ensure lessons learned are communicated and embedded in the team-propose actions to reinforce
- Handle telephone queries efficiently to give clients confidence that they are dealing with professional representatives of the company who are able to assist with their queries
- Proactively support any query from suppliers and subcontractors and chase with SSC for payment
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by proactively putting forward new ideas proactively implementing change
- Undertake placement in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) separate role profile to be issued for year two
- Assist with tasks as directed by FP & A
- Understand budgeting process and how the business invoices/reports on its finances
- Understanding of the group finance function and undertake placement as business directs, gaining exposure to Tax & Audit processes – separate role profile to be issued for year three.
- Deal with queries and build relationships with internal/external clients, as appropriate.
- Successful completion to professional qualification as recognised by ACCA or CIMA.
- To conduct relevant activities as agreed in personal training plan with the aim of increasing knowledge and competency
- Undertake additional projects as determined by business need
- Undertake soft skill straining modules in line with training programme