Assistant Accountant and Payroll Clerk
Payroll and Accounts Assistant, Welshpool
Your new company
Hays is exclusively working with an established business in Welshpool who are looking for an experienced Payroll and Accounts Assistant to join their team
Your new role
- To process payroll and payroll system in alliance with the human resource department (monthly paid)
- To manage and maintain the Company's time and attendance system
- To process credit card receipts from customers
- To assist in receivable and payable function
- To reconcile relevant accounts under control
- To conduct bank reconciliations
- To process Company employee expenses claims
- To process Company credit cards
- To approve Journals
- Produce KPI's for each division.
- Produce budget monitoring system.
- Produce forecast P&L's and cash flows based on budgets.
- Assist with accounts function of foreign branch/company operations (monitor budgets, produce accounts, report on performance etc).
- To produce BACS Payments and one-off Payments
- Various other ad-hoc duties as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client would ideally like someone who has previous payroll experience but is willing to teach a candidate who is keen to learn. Equally they would be happy to consider Payroll clerks who do not have the accounting experience and are willing to learn.
- Part AAT qualified or qualified by experience
- Minimum of 1yrs practical experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Packages, especially Excel
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Ability to work equally on own initiative or as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- People management skills
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to really develop and progress your skills within a supportive and friendly team. Our client is offering a competitive salary, benefits and hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.