Your new role
The position of Assistant Accountant will assume responsibility for specific areas of the P&L and balance sheet on the accounting close process.
What you'll need to succeed
- Calculation of accruals and prepayments and posting of related month end journals.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts and supplier invoicing.
- Prepare analysis of daily cash position compared to forecast.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of Sales Ledger batch import to Oracle.
- Reconciliation of monthly depot sales.
- Review of the P&L, identifying areas for investigation.
- Review and analysis of rent payables & receivables
- Review and analysis of heat, light & water costs.
- Ad hoc analysis, extracting data from Oracle and other systems, producing summaries and highlighting salient points.
- Responding to queries and requests for analysis from the business.
- Answer queries raised during Statutory and SOX audits.
- Documentation of key processes and cross training to ensure cover.
- Identifying areas for improvement in the efficiency of own or other finance team tasks and opportunities for business improvements.
- Liaise closely with the London office and Miami head office for all process and system changes as required.
- Any other tasks as directed by the Finance Controller and Finance Director
What you'll get in return
Salary up to £30k DOE
Friendly working environment
+ Many more benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.