The role holder will be responsible for the provision of quality financial services and management reporting to ensure the financial integrity of the organisation.
This includes the hands-on management of all financial aspects of the Works and Services contracts and sub-contracts and responsibility for producing the monthly management accounts for the works and services operations.
The company are an international business with a vision to better the future with far-reaching and sustainable resources for the world. Committed to innovation and realising this vision, the company employs over 150,000+ employees and stretches across industries, cities and communities around the world.
The company is proud of their chance to make a real and lasting difference.
- Production of monthly management accounts and reports and monthly reconciliation of balance sheet items
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and management of Statutory Audit
- Production of monthly invoices and applications for payment in conjunction with the Commercial and Operations managers and calculation of associated payments due to supply chain partners
- Processing accounting transactions
- Management of Electronic Banking System and preparation of bank payments
- Management of Corporation Tax, VAT and CIS tax returns.
- Maintain effective communication with commercial and operational colleagues, other parts of the business, internal and external audit to sustain a high reputation for financial governance
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior executives to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Maintain and develop financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Strong IT skills including SAGE Line 50 and Microsoft Excel.
- Able to understand, question, organise and challenge a range of financial data
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly with key stakeholders and operational management
- Self-motivated and confident, capable of working independently
- Highly organised with a diligent and acute attention to detail
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Be proactive and flexible in their approach
- Offer a high level of commitment
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere
This is an opportunity to work within a company with the future very much in mind and who are oreintated around sustainable resources across industry, cities and communities around the world.
There is a culture of passion for their vision and this role offers the opportunity to undertake meaningful work and turn a vision into reality.