Leading independent Science and Research Business on the outskirts of Milton Keynes looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team.
Our client are an independent Science and Research Business on the outskirts of Milton Keynes. This family owned business have cemented their position as a key player in the Science and Research market by offering a range of bespoke services to a broad range of clients.
Assistant Accountant Responsibilities:
- Assist in the production of the monthly management accounts
- Profit and cost centre analysis - preparation of dashboards and cost reports; and ensuring accuracy to management figures reported
- Preparation and posting of monthly journals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Review with responsible heads of department to ensure financial reports understood/accurate
- Preparation of daily cash/other cash movement reports
- Production of weekly and forward-looking cash flow analysis in particular with reference to the timing of receivables
- Raise invoices and keep sales day book accurate and up to date
- Working with licensing on software and maintenance invoicing
- Chasing debtors and ensuring prompt collection
- Clear record of maintenance renewals for invoicing and cash flow purposes
Assistant Accountant Requirements:
- ACCA/CIMA Part Qualified or studying towards
- Proven track record within a fast paced finance department
- High attention to detail
- Can work with a high level of independence
- Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation
- Strong Bookkeeping skills
- Hold a high level of integrity and ethical standards
Great opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a leading local business within the Milton Keynes area. Our client offer a highly competitive salary along with a reputation for flexible working across the business.