Head of Finance
Our client are seeking an ambitious and credible Head of Finance who will have ownership of the day to day financial management of the business. The role will encompass financial reporting, providing business partnering consultation to the business and developing robust financial systems and processes, as well as leading a large Finance function.
Our client are a Leeds based manufacturing business.
- Manage a team of 10+ accountants and finance staff
- Oversee the month-end reporting process
- Manage the full year-end accounts process
- Be the main point of contact to liaise with external auditors
- Develop the Finance team ensuring that the department is ran effectively including meeting all deadlines and supporting the wider business.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team on business strategy
- Help the SLT interpret the financial results of the business and aid them in making decisions in line with financial results
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process
- Maintain ongoing relationship with the Parent business
- Maintain banking relationships and monitor all treasury functions
- Cash management including weekly cash forecasts. Liaising closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the business retains sufficient cash to meet payments
- Professional accounting qualification and related professional experience
- Strong academic background
- Proven experience gained from within fast paced environments - ideally manufacturing
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness and good knowledge of UK accounting regulations and practices
- High level of computer literacy - knowledge of SAGE
- Challenges the need to undertake tasks in a particular way, or indeed at all, with experience of delivering continuous improvement - look for ways to improve the quality and provision of information
- Experience in performance management and mentoring of staff
- Excellent communication skills and comfortable dealing with different audiences from Financial versus non-Financial, to Investors/C suite versus Accounts Assistants
- The ability to step back and see the bigger picture
- Strong technical and analytical skills and the ability to pick things up quickly
- To be successful in this role you must show initiative, be a self-starter with drive and commitment, an independent worker and strong team player, with the ability to learn quickly
On offer for this role is a competitive salary plus car allowance, and the opportunity to impact a business going through a significant period of change.