Finance Business Partner
2 days left
- Level of qualification
- Part qualified
Brilliant role for a part-qualified candidate, who is immediately available and looking for interim work in the Taunton area.
Very commutable location via public transport or by car.
Our client is a well known, national business, operating out of offices in central Taunton.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to;
- To provide strong financial business partnering to senior management to ensure that the relevant business area plans, and results are met and or exceeded and complies with the relevant and statutory requirements for financial reporting.
- To ensure sound financial evaluation of project work, acquisitions or any capital expenditure in the relevant business area. Monitor the performance of the business function against plans, ensuring targets and return on investment are in line with expectations, including the identification of risks and opportunities to meet and exceed delivery.
- Ensure the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of financial information and ensure financial governance and compliance is in place across the business, working to financial policies and procedures where appropriate and that these controls are effective and embedded with the relevant business area. Liaise and work with internal and external auditors and any other external advisor from time to time.
- Lead, provide support and act as a catalyst for any business specific projects across the Company or driving forward initiatives to support ongoing personal development or to support the ambition of the business, improving business performance.
- Maintain positive stakeholder relationships in the relevant business area and across the Company as appropriate to ensure that all key stakeholders have the most relevant information as necessary. Play a key role in contributing to the Company's reporting cycles, including the preparation of management, accounts, budgets, forecasts, papers and presenting financial information where required.
- Actively support and assist in the development of team engagement. Ensure the timely and regular completion of Performance Appraisals Reviews and development plans for teams and individuals.
- Act as a senior member of the functional business area providing high levels of business insight and partnering the relevant Senior Management team in a trusted advisor role, challenging existing ways of working to help identify new ways that support the ambition of the business.
- Provide support and guidance, challenge and where appropriate education to the relevant budget holders in the relevant business area to complete robust annual budgets and monthly forecasting and ensure that these are prepared in line with any key assumptions.
The successful candidate will;
- Ideally be part-qualified or studying ACCA or CIMA
- Good knowledge of management accounting and business analysis
- Thorough knowledge of excel and business reporting systems
- Have strong commercial experience, finance business partnering experience would be desirable.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Use their initiative and be confident in decision making
- Have strong time management skills and be able to prioritise effectively
- Have good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
In return our client can offer a salary of between £30,000 & £40,000 for part-qualified candidates.